Crestron recognizes the impact that human activity has on the environment and we strive to integrate sustainable development and environmental stewardship into our processes, procedures, and practices. We are committed to identifying opportunities to mitigate our impact on the environment and reduce our carbon footprint through improved and sustainable workplace, product designs, manufacturing processes, product life cycle, and end-of-life recycling. As part of our ongoing efforts, Crestron has undertaken the following initiatives:
- For over a decade Crestron has engaged in go green initiatives to innovate products, systems, and solutions designed to reduce energy consumption and promote environmental sustainability, meeting energy code standards adopted by numerous jurisdictions. Crestron lighting and environmental control systems are designed to reduce energy consumption by automating lights, temperature, and shade positions; implementing daylight harvesting; controlling lighting based on occupancy; dimming lighting during time of high energy demand and energy grid stresses; and utilizing built-in power monitoring components to track real time energy usage. Crestron Green Light® control systems provide total environmental control to conserve energy and lower costs by combining automated dimming and daylight harvesting with power switching and demand response. Crestron also offers energy management solutions that help organizations track and minimize energy usage throughout their facilities.
- Crestron supports product life cycle longevity through extensive quality testing, sustaining engineering processes, and post-sales service support resources. We have integrated a global marking standard to communicate recycling designations for products and components introduced into the waste stream, supporting sustainability and a circular economy.
- Crestron is committed to engage in environmentally sound and sustainable manufacturing processes, and comply with the standards in all countries in which we conduct business. Crestron’s Supply Chain Code of Conduct sets forth Crestron’s commitment to integrity and compliance both in our own conduct, and in the expected conduct of our global supply chain. Crestron requires our suppliers to meet all applicable laws and regulations for air pollution, noise pollution, water pollution, and ground contamination and to implement physical measures to reduce, control and/or eliminate wastewater, waste and pollution at the source, air emissions of volatile chemicals, corrosives, particulates, aerosols and combustion products.
- Crestron uses eco-friendly packaging materials and practices to minimize package size and waste bulk. We have partnered with packaging providers to utilize certified, compostable, environmentally sustainable, and functional packaging material made from US-grown corn and ocean bound plastics. Crestron is committed to take further initiatives to decrease single-use plastics in order to mitigate our impact on climate change.
- Crestron recycles metals, plastics, and organic materials responsibly through sustainable vendors. We also recycle paper and cardboard and conduct paperless business transactions. Crestron is initiating further actions to reduce, reuse, and recycle waste materials to conserve and reduce waste destined for landfill disposal.
- Crestron is committed to the reduction of onsite power consumption by incorporating Crestron’s energy saving products and solutions throughout our own facilities, including utilizing natural sources of energy via light harvesting and control features of our Crestron eco-system.
- Crestron is committed to reducing our greenhouse gas emissions for corporate travel and transportation by employing remote meeting technologies and offering remote and hybrid work arrangements to a significant portion of our workforce. In order to reduce our carbon footprint, Crestron promotes environmental awareness by educating Crestron employees on their personal environmental impact and integrating employee benefit programs, including the BikeShare Program and the electric vehicle Workplace Charging Program, on our corporate campus.
- Crestron is mindful of the environment and preservation of natural habitats in connection with construction and maintenance of its facilities and plans to implement further initiative such as greening office spaces and cubicles and maintaining facility landscaping that promotes photosynthesis.
“As the world's leading manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems, Crestron recognizes the importance of environmental sustainability. We are dedicated to making Crestron, our community and the earth a cleaner, safer place to live.”
Chief Operating Officer
To download a pdf version of this page, click here.